CWM Recovery aka ClockworkMod Recovery v188.8.131.52 is now available for Huawei Ascend 2 M865. We at Droid Noob time to time cover custom ROMs for Huawei Ascend 2 M865 which require a custom recovery such as CWM recovery for installation procedure. In fact, many Android user prefer custom recovery over stock recovery even when they don’t want to install custom ROM because it comes with many more features and capabilities that stock recovery can’t offer. We are here to help you to install ClockworkMod Recovery v184.108.40.206 on your Huawei Ascend 2 M865. This is an easy to follow guide that allow even an Android newbie to install CWM recovery easily. You probably already know that installing CWM recovery will void your manufacturer warranty and to get back warranty you should install an official firmware (to get stock recovery back) as well as reset the flash counter (only for Samsung devices) using TriangleAway app. This custom recovery installation tutorial that allow you to install CWM recovery v220.127.116.11 on Huawei Ascend 2 M865 require a rooted device.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install CWM recovery v18.104.22.168 on Huawei Ascend 2 M865 with complete steps. To install CWM recovery v22.214.171.124 on Huawei Ascend 2 M865 we will first install ROM Manager app. ROM Manager not only allow you to install CWM recovery but also allow you to boot in recovery easily as well as list most available custom ROMs for your Huawei Ascend 2 M865. However, as this process push a customize file in your Android device it may erase your personal data and settings, although very unlikely. That’s why we suggest you to follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
About CWM Recovery: It is a custom recovery for Android phones and tablets that allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery. This custom recovery is developed by Koushik Dutta (Koush), a well-known name in the Android dev community.
We at Droid Noob produce tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Huawei Ascend 2 M865. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. Also, it’s good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially when during following instruction you have to perform some type of wiping task.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why always check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the tablet should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware and it will be fine on 30% or more if you going to root it. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Devices.
- You should make sure, you have installed proper USB driver for Huawei Ascend 2 M865. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected the your already have it.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned.
So, you done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to install CWM recovery v126.96.36.199 on Huawei Ascend 2 M865.
Pages: 1 2