We at Droid Noob time to time cover official firmware update of Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 (Sprint) whenever Samsung rolled out anything new. The fact is, after installing official firmware update many of you prefer to root it to gain some additional benefits that otherwise isn’t possible. We are here to help you with a rooting guide. This is an easy to follow guide that allow even an Android newbie to root his/her Galaxy S3 L710. You probably already know that rooting void your manufacturer warranty and to get back warranty you should install an official firmware (to unroot the device) as well as reset the flash counter using TriangleAway app. This rooting tutorial that allow you to root Galaxy S3 L710 running on official firmware won’t require custom recovery such as CWM recovery, instead we will use ODIN utility.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to root official Android firmware on Galaxy S3 L710 with complete steps. To root this firmware we will flash CF-Auto-Root file in Galaxy S3 L710 that running on official Android firmware. A rooted Android device let you access system files, allow you installing custom firmware and let you flash MODs using a custom recovery. However, as this process push a customize file in your Android device it may erase your personal data and settings, although very unlikely. That’s why we suggest you to follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
Rooting Information: Once your device is rooted, warranty will get void; However, you can reclaim the warranty by applying official firmware update and then resetting the flash counter to 0 using apps like TriangleAway.
To confirm if you successfully rooted your Android device or not install an app called “Root Checker” which is available for free from Google PLAY store.
We at Droid Noob produce tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Galaxy S3 L710. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. Also, it’s good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially when during following instruction you have to perform some type of wiping task.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why always check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the smartphone should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware and it will be fine on 30% or more if you going to root it. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones.
- You should make sure, you have installed proper USB driver for Galaxy S3 L710. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected the your already have it.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned.
So, you done everything that we mentioned above, right! Now, you are ready to move towards next page where we summed up detail instruction on how to root Galaxy S3 L710 running official Android firmware.
Pages: 1 2