Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604 can now be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but using a custom firmware, CM10.1. CyanogenMod team recently rolled out Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM CM10.1. The news is, this highly customized and feature rich CM10.1 ROM now available for Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604. By flashing or installing CM10.1 ROM on your Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604 you will enjoy a customized experience of latest Android version which is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. CM10.1 not only offer a bloatware free, fast user experience but the included theme engine allow you to give an unique look. If you wish to try out this fantastic and attractive custom ROM CM10.1 then read through this page to know the step-by-step procedure of installing CM10.1 custom ROM on your Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604.
If you don’t know then Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean comes with various interesting features including multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature and miracast display.
Before flashing this ROM you should know that it’s a custom firmware and still going through development phase. That’s why, it’s very likely that it may comes with some bugs and issues that may look annoying to you. However, we all know most developer of ROMs are usually proactive and we believe all known issues will be fixed along with the development.
CM10.1 Key Features:
- Lockscreen Gestures
- tablet Goggles
- OpenVPN support
- Incognito mode
- Theme manager
- DSP Equalizer
- Custom led control
- Lockscreen shortcuts
- LockClock widget app
- Full customized Mms app
- and many more.
We at Droid Noob produce tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. Also, it’s good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially when during following instruction you have to perform some type of wiping task.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why always check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the tablet should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware and it will be fine on 30% or more if you going to root it. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android tablets.
- You should make sure, you have installed proper USB driver for Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected the your already have it.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned.
If you already read and followed everything that we mentioned above then you are all set to go the next page of this tutorial which ultimately help you to flash Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based CM10.1 ROM for Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi MZ604.
Pages: 1 2