Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 can now be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but using a custom firmware, AvatarROM v2.4b. The latest Avatar ROM build (2.4b) comes with various fixes over previous build (2.3b) which we added later part of this installation guide. AvatarROM developer recently rolled out Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM AvatarROM v2.4b. And, this highly customized and feature rich AvatarROM v2.4b is now available for Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710. Avatar ROM build using another popular ROM CM10.1 as source but with many modification. Most notable part of this ROM is, instead of using CM10.1 theme engine Avatar ROM feature MIUI custom ROM theme engine which claimed more eye candy. By flashing or installing AvatarROM v2.4b ROM on your Galaxy S3 L710 you will enjoy a customized experience of latest Android version which is Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. AvatarROM v2.4b not only offer a bloatware free, fast user experience but the included theme engine allow you to give an unique look. If you wish to try out this fantastic and attractive custom ROM AvatarROM v2.4b then read through this page to know the step-by-step procedure of installing AvatarROM v2.4b custom ROM on your Galaxy S3 L710.
If you don’t know then Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean comes with various interesting features including multi-user support, gesture typing, new quick settings option, lock-screen widget, new camera app, photo sphere, improved Google Now, new daydream feature and miracast display.
Before flashing this ROM you should know that it’s a custom firmware and still going through development phase and currently tagged as BETA. That’s why, it’s very likely that it may comes with some bugs and issues that may look annoying to you. However, we all know most developer of ROMs are usually proactive and we believe all known issues will be fixed along with the development.
AvatarROM v2.4b Key Changes over CM10.1:
- Status Bar
- Toggles page to contain controls for toggles
- Fixed memory leaks
- Theme Chooser
- Has an online theme server – head here and download cool MIUI converted themes.
- Changed the layout
- Added previews
- Bazooka Launcher (market link)
- Own launcher which is an enhanced version of Trebuchet (you can download this at the end of this post)
- Enhanced theming by adding dockbar
- Preview mode to edit workspaces
- Messaging App
- Changed message thread to make them themeable
- Boot Animation
- A beautiful boot animation – will be made themeable in upcoming versions
- Changed statistics to point to Avatar statistics server
- OTA updater – you can check for updates to Avatar right from your device
- Changed to support Avatar ROMs
- Support for Gapps – download latest Gapps package as an OTA update
- Integrated with ACRA Error Reporter for system wide crashes
- Changed to make them themeable
- Support for complex unlock gestures
AvatarROM v2.4b Changes Over Previous Build:
- Latest CM 10.1 code merges for 2.4b release( upto Mar 22nd 2013)
- Two new themes (MiUi v5 and Pink theme)
- Weebo and status bar fixes.
- Weebo adding actions in log.
- Performance improvements in animations.
We at Droid Noob produce tutorial to help out fellow Android users but all this guide are educational purpose only. You should try this guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be responsible if your Android device experience a damage after following this tutorial. Also remember,this guide is only applicable for Galaxy S3 L710. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device. It may hard brick your device.
As there is always some risk involve while you install anything other than what you have presently. It’s always recommended to follow our pre-requisites to stay safe.
- Backup your important data such as SMS, Call Log, Contacts, APN and MMS settings. You can follow our Android backup guide for this. Also, it’s good idea to backup your internal memory content to external SD card, specially when during following instruction you have to perform some type of wiping task.
- If your device turn off during the installation process unless explicitly mentioned on this tutorial then it may experience a hard brick. That’s why always check battery percentage before following this tutorial. Usually, the smartphone should have 60% or more power when you flash a custom ROM or firmware and it will be fine on 30% or more if you going to root it. Learn How to Check Battery Percentage in Android Phones.
- You should make sure, you have installed proper USB driver for Galaxy S3 L710. Visit our USB Driver Download page. If you can access your mobile content in your PC when both are connected the your already have it.
- USB Debugging mode should be turned of if it’s disabled otherwise you can’t transfer file using USB cable. Learn: How to Enable/Disable USB Transfer on Android Devices.
- Another thing you should note that nearly all our tutorial is for carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked devices. You shouldn’t try to install it on a locked device unless explicitly mentioned.
If you already read and followed everything that we mentioned above then you are all set to go the next page of this tutorial which ultimately help you to flash Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based AvatarROM v2.4b ROM for Galaxy S3 L710.
Pages: 1 2